Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Explanation of my links

So, there are a number of links on the right hand side of the page. Some of these are websites of people or organizations that I have met, visited, bought vegetables from, taken classes from, or connected with in some way. These include Cob Connection, Center for Sustainable Community, Chicago Biodiesel, The Rainbow Gathering, Dancing Rabbit, Year of Mud (Ziggy lives at Dancing Rabbit), Cob Cottage Company, and Firespeaking (Max was a teacher at the Cob Cottage workshop I attended with Sagan). The Garden Hive is operated by my mom's cousin, who makes backyard beehives!

Others are organizations that I haven't visited or worked with but would like to if I get the chance. These include Aprovecho (founded by the same person who founded Cob Cottage Company, Ianto Evans), Path to Sustainability, Spontaneous Vegetation, and Jonah House (THESE people are living the word of Christ - and I think they may be the only people I have ever seen in my life that actually do - but check out the sustainability connection - a Dominican Convent in a cemetary in Baltimore! Complete with Llamas!).

Other sites are informational sites, book publishers, etc. These include Apropedia, Dirt Cheap Builder, Chelsea Green, Intentional Communities Directory, and Underground Housing (I hear Mike Oehler is a bit of a curmudgeon and best appreciated from a distance).

I may post some more extensive info about individual people or organizations, but not right this minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment